FlightFest Teams up with Temple Street CUH and ORBIS – Win Flights to Turkey
Monday, 26th August 2013: The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) and Dublin City Council’s (DCC) FlightFest is delighted to announce a charity partnership with the Children’s University Hospital, Temple Street and ORBIS. Both charities will be collecting at FlightFest and will also benefit from a text-based competition for return flights and accommodation to Istanbul, with thanks to Turkish Airlines.
Mr. Eamonn Brennan, Chief Executive IAA said that the level of interest in the IAA and DCC’s FlightFest fly-past on 15th September is growing by the day.
“This celebration of the aviation industry in Ireland has attracted the attention of people from all over Ireland and abroad. So I would not be surprised to see 100,000 turning up for the event on the day.
“Thanks to the aircraft owners from all over the world we will see the A380, the biggest aircraft in the world fly up the Liffey with other aircraft representing almost every decade since 1930. Also FlightFest would not be possible without the support of the air finance and leasing sector and many other partners. We want this to be an event for the people. We appreciate that some children who are in hospital will not be able to get to the event. So we have organised a special charity competition for Temple Street Children’s University Hospital,” he said.
To enter, text FLIGHTFEST to 53305. Texts cost €0.30 and proceeds go to ORBIS and Temple Street CUH (minimum of €0.20. 18+. Lines close midnight 12/09/13. SP Phonovation Ltd. Helpline 0818 217 100 (ROI), see below for T&Cs). You can also enter the competition at facebook.com/flightfest.
FlightFest is a once-in-a-lifetime international fly past taking to Dublin’s skies on Sunday September 15th 2013. The aircraft listed above will fly down the Liffey at a low level, affording 100,000 people the opportunity to see the most modern and historical aircraft up close and in action.
It is a free, family event taking place between noon and five pm and extra public transport – buses, trains, and the Luas – will be made available on the day. FlightFest is being brought to Dublin by the Irish Aviation Authority and Dublin City Council, as part of The Gathering Ireland 2013.
FlightFest / Turkish Airlines competition – Terms & Conditions
Monday 26th August 2013: There are two ways to enter the Turkish Airlines competition:
1. Go to www.facebook.com/flightfest and press the competition button. You will be asked to ‘like’ the page, after that you will be asked for your name, email address and mobile number.
2. You can text the word FLIGHTFEST to 53305.
Texts cost €0.30 and the proceeds of your text – which may vary from network to network, but will be somewhere between €0.07 and €0.20 – will be divided between our partner charities, ORBIS and Temple Street CUH.
Terms & conditions:
• You must be over 18 to enter
• You must have a valid passport
• Lines close at midnight on Thursday 12th of September 2013
• The winner will be announced during FlightFest on September 15th, 2013
• SP Phonovation Ltd Helpline: 0818 217 100
• You may enter as many times as you like by text
• Winning prize is a pair of return tickets to Istanbul including accommodation
• All tickets are valid within these periods: January 1st 2014 – March 31st 2014 and September 29th - December 15th 2014
• All dates requested are subject to availability and confirmation from Turkish Airlines
• Travel dates must be requested a minimum of one month before intended travel dates
• All taxes are included in the prize
• Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable, no cash equivalent possible and are not valid for any other destination
• For international flights, it is recommended to arrive at airport 2 (two) hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight. For domestic flights this duration is 1(one) hour
• According to aviation rules; passengers are responsible to get information and valid documents of the country where they travel to. Passport-Visa checks are controlled at the time of check-in and during boarding. The aims of these checks are to prevent passengers traveling with invalid/faulty visa or passport and to prevent penalty fees
• Baggage allowance is 30kg per person with 8kg carry-on baggage (Certain routes have an allowance of 40kg plus 8kg carry-on baggage)
• Unaccompanied minors can travel from the age of 7 (seven) years
130,000 line the Liffey for FlightFest
Sunday, 15th September 2013: More than 130,000 people lined the banks of the Liffey today to watch the historic FlightFest fly-past between the East Link Bridge and the Talbot Memorial Bridge (figures provided by An Garda Síochána, Chief Superintendent Mick Sullivan).… Read More
FlightFest is Proceeding as Planned (Fly Past at 2pm)
Sunday, 15th September 2013: FlightFest: TODAY, September 15th 2013, The River Liffey, Dublin.
Fun starts at 12pm
FlightFest is proceeding as planned (fly past at 2pm). It might feel fresh, so we advise people… Read More
Meet the A(TC) Team
Saturday, 14th September 2013: You know all about the aircraft, the airlines, the sponsors and the event itself. But what about the air traffic control team (ATC) who will be managing the FlightFest operation? Who are the guys and girls who will be… Read More
School Art Competition Artwork On Display in the Hugh Lane Gallery
Friday, 13th September: A beautiful selection of the artwork from the IAA DCC FlightFest School Art Competition is on display in the Hugh Lane Gallery until Tuesday 24th September.
World War Two Aircraft Bring Historic Glamour to FlightFest
Friday, 13th September 2013: A great line up of historic World War Two era aircraft will add a measure of historic glamour to FlightFest.
These will include… Read More